Monday, August 6, 2012

The Pompidou...Modern Art Day

 The Pompidou...I was well aware of the impact of Modern art on this building but wow...a true take on contemporary architecture...despite the fact that the front is basically useless...facing a busy street and strewn with garbage in all its nooks.  The facade facing the plaza is flanked by a cool escalator that takes you right to the top.
 My first mission was to find the Niki de Saint Phalle sculpture in water dedicated to Stravinsky.  It is surrounded by a side of adorable outdoor cafes and a wall of street art/graffiti.  Niki de Saint Phalle had an amazing display at the Garfield conservatory a few years ago and I still use one of her images for my Facebook picture.









Lunch consisted of savory and sweet crepes...finally found something the kids really like!!













I dragged these guys through 2 major floors of galleries...the first was contemporary and the second was modern...seeing some of my fav paintings was such a thrill...Matisse's cut outs, Picasso's portraits, Delauncy paintings, both wife and husband, 2 rooms devoted to their awesomness!





 We ended the day in the kids area...that overlooks the center of the museum.  They had a focus on telling family stories...presented by video in 4 languages...so cute.  A and J made a video telling a story about our cat Minou which they miss very much.  I signed a waver so it may be showing right now at the museum...we are heading back here this week with Brad so we will check it out and see!!


1 comment:

  1. Ugh!! That shop is making my skin crawl!! I do recall it from the movie. The art is so amazing. I do remember the artist who was featured at the conservatory. I love that photo of the face on the building with his finger telling us to be quiet. So glad the kids have found some sweet chocolate to satisfy them. They have no idea what they are missing in all those french delicacies. I love that your reading my boyfriend's book while traveling. So appropriate. Tell the kids that Minou is fine, but missing them a ton. Carter and Mason, esp Carter, have been giving Minou lots of love. It's not the same as A and J though. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete