Thursday, February 9, 2012

Native American Art - Drawing Pottery

 These were done by my 3rd graders who spend the year doing nothing but Native American Art.  I found this lesson on ArtSonia...sorry I'm not sure where.  I have found this to be a great starting lesson to actually making clay coil pots.  There is a fabulous book that I use that goes along with this that is from 1972 called When Clay Sings by Byrd Baylor.  I bought mine on amazon.  I use white charcoal pencils and black china pencils to create the designs.  The light source and shadow effect are done in chalk pastel.





Next week I'll show you our clay looms we just started to weave on.  I'm super excited because I have never done this before and I think they are going to be really amazing.  Do you do Native American Art?  If you do tell us about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment